Have you guys with constipation ever tried that Yakima's fruit paste? (I think that's what its called). I think its pretty high in sugar though. In fact, its probably so high in fruit sugars that it draws water into the colon, and I think that's how it works.
Here's the recipe:
Yakima Fruit Paste
DOSE: 1-2 tablespoons per day
1 pound prunes
1 pound raisins-pitted
1 pound figs
4 oz senna tea (look in your health food store, it looks like a bunch of leaves)
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup lemon juice
1. Prepare tea-use about 2 1/2 cups boiled water added to tea and steep 5 minutes.
2. Strain tea to remove tea leaves and add only 1 pint tea to a large pot, then add fruit.
3. Boil fruit and tea for 5 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and add sugar & lemon juice. Allow to cool.
5. Use hand mixer or food processor to blend fruit mixture into smooth paste.
6. Place in plastic container and place in freezer. (Paste will not freeze but will keep forever in freezer).
7. Spoon out what you require each day.
Enjoy eating it straight off the spoon.
Spread it on toast or add hot water and make a drink.
* If the fruit paste is not working (you are not having bowel movements) then you need to increase the amount of fruit paste you are taking.
* If the fruit paste makes you have very loose stools then you need to cut down on the amount of fruit paste you are taking. Perhaps even taking it every other day in some cases.