Thanks guys for your responses!! I talked to my dad on Saturday and I'm going to wait until he meets with his surgeon on Wednesday to make a decision. I really think I will go, regardless, because I know how I would feel if I wasn't there. Don't think I could live with the guilt if anything happens. My husband has been such a huge support through it all and he said he would even take off of work and go with me if I felt it would help me get through it all. I'll keep you posted.
Thanks for your advice. I'm waiting to talk to my parents later today after they meet with his surgeon. I'll know more of how to help them best after today. Thanks for all of your support. Please keep my dad and mom in all of your prayers.
Well, I talked to my dad yesterday after he met with his surgeon. I guess they are only going to do 2 arteries for sure, possibly 3 so that's a positive thing. It started out with doing 5. He is scheduled to have the surgery next Thursday, which also makes me feel better because it must not be as serious as they first thought, because they would have had him in there sooner. My dad's sister is a nurse and she had someone she knew run a credential check on the cardiac surgeon and the report came back with high remarks regarding his reputation. Has never lost a patient yet. I guess there was a big article written about him and my dad is going to send me a copy of it. He doesn't want me to come up for the surgery, but suggested that I may be of better help when he gets home from the hospital - which I kind of agree. My sister and my aunt will be there for my mom at the hospital. He says they plan on him being in there 5-7 days. I told him how I was feeling physically, but I would do anything for him or mom no matter what. So after talking it over with my husband I plan to go up there the day he is released and help my mom and him get adjusted at home. Thank you all for your love and support. I will keep you posted as things progress.
Hugs and angels,