Your not old! I just turned 49 last month, so I'm right behind you. We're not getting old we are getting better! I forgot what that commercial was that said that... .
I agree with omega about calling your doctor. It does sound like arthritis, but you need to let the doc check it out while its swollen and painful. Let us know what you find out. Hope it gets better soon. Take care and your in my prayers.
Love ya, Babs
Hey Patty, No my rheumy is an idiot lol. He did see me on a thursday and said tuesday I could come back in and get shots. I said if I could make it the four hour trips I wouldn't need them. I think sometimes I'd be better off just going to urgent care but they don't take my insurance. I could go to the hospital but they cost a fortune even though my insurance pays 75% still leaves me 25% Can't win! Oh and I got your email thanks I'll check it out. I appreciate the information.