Post Edited (nefferdun) : 1/2/2009 7:19:06 AM (GMT-7)
I know it is hard b/c i am 35 and I used to party all the time with my friends but if you want to get well you have to knock the alcohol off! Not even for special occasions! First of all is cancels out all of your antibiotics and secondly you should never drink on Celexa!!! It is hard to not drink I totallly understand! Sometimes you have to pass on those outings. I have learned to say no b/c personally giving it up now and getting better is way more improtant to me than getting a buzz on and then throwing nyself backwards! It is not worth it!!! It is really tough at our age but you have the rest of your life.
Your main goal should be to get well now so you can enjoy a party later!!!! You will be healthy in the future you just have to stay on the straight and narrow now! A little secrifice won't hurt! The forum is here for you also to help you with that!!!!
Best of luck and stay tough!!!!!
Post Edited (SickInCT) : 1/4/2009 6:00:37 AM (GMT-7)
"is it the sugar thats bad for you thats on the alchole? why is it so bad for lyme?"
First off, alcohol weakens the immune system. Do a general search for alcohol and the immune system and you should get a bunch of hits.
"but why do ew get so many toxins in our body from one lil tick?"
That one little tick can fill your body with damaging bacterial invaders which can evade your immune system. Co-infections only complicate matters. Once those bacteria can set up shop, they can unload some of their own toxins, but, more importantly, they can weaken the immune system to the point that opportunisitic infections can occur. Normally, a healthy immune system should be able to fight off a candida infection. But, a compromised indiviudal is susceptible to these pathogens, which may already be present in their system. Once they build up, they release harmful toxins which only add to the damage.
The alcohol only contributes to weakening your immune system, which lets all the opportunistic buggers run wild. You could even say they are having a party of their own.
In short, you need to strengthen your immune system as much as possible, which means laying off alcohol. Another thing to consider is a food allergy test. Imagine if you were to discover that you were allergic to a particular food, and you consumed that food on a daily basis. Your already weakened immune system now has to deal with this allergy, which takes away from fighting off the toxins/bacterial invaders/opportunistic infections. In order to give your body the best possible chance of recovering, you have to understand what you are up against.
I haven't been drinking for about 8 years now. I don't need to: I get the bad hangover feeling for free, no alcohol involved!!
I'm just thinking about this: Lyme puts a lot of pressure on our liver - alcohol does the same thing - put them both together...