Here's my version of a green smoothie:
1 cup frozen berries (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries)
as much dark greens as you can get into your blender (spinach, kale, romaine, etc.)
and 1/2 a good sized cucumber
and a handful of baby carrots
The banana of course has great flavor & will kind of 'mask' some of the other flavors.
The berries are a great source of antioxidants, plus they are known to help stabilize moods.
Here's the why of the cucumbers & carrots - thanks to The Lifestyle Lounge - lifestyle.iloveindia.com/lounge/benefits-of-cucumber-1678.html
Nutritional Value of Cucumber
Given below is the amount of nutrients in 100 gm of raw, unpeeled cucumber
* Carbohydrates - 3.63 gm
* Sugars - 1.67 gm
* Dietary Fiber - 0.5 gm
* Fat - 0.11 gm
* Protein - 0.65 gm
* Thiamin (Vitamin B1) - 0.027 mg
* Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) - 0.033 mg
* Niacin (Vitamin B3) - 0.098 mg
* Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5) - 0.259 mg
* Vitamin B6 - 0.040 mg
* Folate (Vitamin B9) - 7 μg
* Vitamin C - 2.8 mg
* Calcium - 16 mg
* Iron - 0.28 mg
* Magnesium - 13 mg
* Phosphorus - 24 mg
* Potassium - 147 mg
* Zinc 0.20 mg
Health & Nutrition Benefits of Eating Cucumbers
* Fresh cucumber juice can provide relief from heartburn, acid stomach, gastritis and even ulcer.
* Daily consumption of cucumber juice helps control cases of eczema, arthritis and gout.
* Cucumber has been found to be beneficial for those suffering from lung, stomach and chest problems.
* The potassium in cucumber makes it useful for the problem of high and low blood pressure.
* Cucumber contains Erepsin, the enzyme that helps in protein digestion.
* Cucumber juice is said to promote hair growth, especially when it is added to the juice of carrot, lettuce and spinach.
* Cucumber juice, when mixed with carrot juice, is said to be good for rheumatic conditions caused by excessive uric acid in the body.
* Cucumber can prove to be beneficial for those suffering from diseases of the teeth and gums, especially in cases of pyorrhea.
* Being rich in minerals, cucumber helps prevent splitting of nails of the fingers and toes.
* Cucumber has been associated with healing properties in relation to diseases of the kidney, urinary bladder, liver and pancreas.
Even the mightiest oak tree was once a little nut who held it's ground!!!
May we all find peace along the journey to find healing.
"Absence of proof is not proof of absence" - Dr. Edwin Masters, great LLMD & researcher -RIP