I'm new to this board.
I'm 27, male, with no diagnosable diseases. Recently I had a battery of blood work done (the usual, cholesterol, enzyme/vitamin levels, thyroid) and nothing abnormal was found. I have no history of neurological diseases in either side of my family. I do not have high blood pressure. I am very myopic however and I do have mild astigmatism.
about 3 years ago, after a prolonged episode of drug addiction, I experienced a feeling of "head pressure" that got steadily worse. That part may be important... it started off as tolerable, and over time, got worse and worse. It is now at an unbearable stage, and shows few signs of slowing down. It is almost a constant sensation--it can occur anywhere in or around my head, no preference for any side or area. It also extends into my neck (usually around the left side of my neck--I am concerned if the carotid artery could be involved.)
Much more alarmingly, along with the head pressure getting worse, other symptoms have slowly appeared.. few, if any, going away. Whatever new symptom crops up, seems to stay. These symptoms include:
- Lots of floaters in the eye, which may appear out of nowhere and change on the fly--tolerable, but very annoying
- Numbness/slight lack of sensation on different areas of the body
- Visual problems, most noticeably (right now) is double vision, slight difficulty moving my eye muscles (seems to be tied in with head pressure)
- The double vision started 6-7 months ago, it just seems as if the "calibration" of my eyes is slightly off... hard to describe though.
- Muscle spasms/stiffness/postural problems, makes for awkward walking, but no actual problems with mobility. Could be partially due to sitting in front of a computer too long, lack of proper exercise, etc.
-Very stiff neck
-Snapping jaw, like it's out of alignment
-My constipation (always a problem) is out of control
The head pressure was the first symptom.
So, there are several aspects to this "thing" I have. I do have an anxiety disorder but low incidence of actual panic attacks. However, panic feelings can occasionally come from caffeine. Caffeine ingestion seems to cause occasional blurred vision and floaters, but not always. It has been often suggested that high anxiety could cause the symptoms I have, but I have doubts that anxiety could cause all of them, especially the "permanent" things I have now like double-vision and trouble with eye muscle movement.
I would be willing to provide further details, but this post is getting too long.
So, is anyone familiar with the head pressure at least, and found a way to relieve it?
Is anyone familiar with an "accompanying list of symptoms" similar to mine?