I have been told by my neuro as well as specialists at MS center at Barnes that I am pretty much out of options for now when considering treatments. They said I should not risk going back and trying an interferon due to allergic reactions , that my reactions to Copaxone suggest I am also allergic to it, and it would be way too risky to continue on tysabri. In fact, they said that they did not know what to do with me.
So I can try imuran (which has lots of potential side effects) with limited success, if any. I do not have an appt with my neuro for 2 weeks and we will discuss treatment then. They seemed to feel that rituxan was also too risky due to my reactions to other drugs and I have admit it also scares me. It is also unlikely my insurance would approve it. They said that montly IVIG was too expensive and has had limited success. Hopefully, there will be an oral med for ms in a few years.
So I am considering going the natural route and maybe trying some non conventional methods -- (massage therapy, accupuncture, relexology?). I want to get tested for food allergies and vitamin D. I am going to try to get more control over my diet. If I take too many different vitamins/supplements they also make me sick. I am going to order a tai chi tape.
I just do not know what to do. Ultimately it will be my decision. I am tired of ingesting/infusing all of these chemicals into my body for the past year and having all of these reaction. I guess I am scared of not doing anything conventional and scared of all of these dang reactions.
Sorry for the long rant!
Diagnosed April 2007
Started tysabri -- December 2007
Stopped tysabri -- April 2008 (developed antibodies/severe reactions)