some test results are back

New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

whtedragons78
Regular Member


Date Joined Jun 2006
Total Posts : 74
   Posted 6/30/2006 11:55 PM (GMT -6)   
I got my EEG and the heart monitor results well the paper reports, havent gotten a call from the neuro yet.  The EEG it says clinical diagnosis: spells of aphasia, and my heart monitor results says indications of dysrhythmia; synus tachycardia much of the trial. does anyone here have either of those? MRI is at the health information but even though they said its mine and i can have it, i just cant get a copy until the dr contacts me first. Which im sure with the 4th being on tuesday i wont hear from their office till wednesday or later. figures. lol  I did have certain symptoms that i had to write down in a diary, but all of they they said: no corrlated event.
 
ty for all your wisdom and help.
cyndi

els
Veteran Member


Date Joined Oct 2005
Total Posts : 4031
   Posted 7/1/2006 4:50 AM (GMT -6)   

Hey ya Cindi,  I have volumes of experience with heart problems just within the last year.  It isn't related to my MS but I have what is called bradycardia or slow heart rate which came on within a matter of weeks and required me to get a pacemaker.  The pacer works at 85% of the time meaning that my own heart beats the rest of the 15%, the pacer will only kick in when my heart gets into a slow rhythm.  Well now I have been have afib and vtak and they are considering switching out the pacer for a defibrillator or ICD.

Anyway, when you have a sinus disturbance, or as you mentioned sinus tachycardia, physicians don't normally treat this rather just keep an eye on it and try to find the reasons as to why your having tachycardia.  Some of those can be drug interactions due to a prescription medication, hypermetabolism, anxiety and exercise or can be way more serious like anemia, CHF, a hemorrhage, or heart muscle damage.  There are many people who live with dysrhythmias everyday and manage them quite well, but you should be referred to a cardiologist to follow up on those results in any case just to be sure.


Elisha

http://www.healingwell.com/donate


 

New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
Forum Information
Currently it is Friday, October 20, 2017 5:05 AM (GMT -6)
There are a total of 2,884,609 posts in 316,504 threads.
View Active Threads


Who's Online
This forum has 157629 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Vermontguy.
242 Guest(s), 3 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
Jerry L., NiceGuyEddie, HMerk


Follow HealingWell.com on Facebook  Follow HealingWell.com on Twitter  Follow HealingWell.com on Pinterest
Advertisement
Advertisement

©1996-2017 HealingWell.com LLC  All rights reserved.

Advertise | Privacy Policy & Disclaimer