medicare w/ suppliers like edgepark vs. individual companies

New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

patientspiders
Veteran Member


Date Joined Jul 2005
Total Posts : 733
   Posted 2/9/2010 4:41 PM (GMT -6)   
So... I got out my edgepark catalog last week and sent away for every free sample I could find.  I am now ovewhelmed.  I have called my home health nurse in a panic.  Bless her heart, she is coming tomorow morning to go over everything with me.  Meanwhile...
 
My questions are thus:
 
I have medicare only.
 
Is there a provider that accepts the medicare amount as payment in full for ostomy supplies? 
 
Edgepark does not.
Edgepark says that medicare will cover 80%, and I will be responsible for the remaining 20% with NO DISCOUNT on pricing.
Are there other Edgepark equivalents that people use?
 
Or...
 
Is it better to order directly from a company that DOES accept medicare as payment in full?  Does anyone know what companies do?
 
So overwhelming.  I know it will get better, but right now I feel like I'm learning a foreign language in fast forward.
 
I am poor.  I  need as much "coverage" as I can get, and if that means going with slightly less desirable pouches for a while, so be it... I just need them from somewhere that isn't going to cost an arm and a leg, like edgepark.
 
Any advice and/or experience on this issue will be most welcome!
Thanks in advance... you guys have been awesome so far.  I thought I was spoiled over at my crohnie board, but you guys rock too! smilewinkgrin
 

Equestrian Mom
Veteran Member


Date Joined Mar 2008
Total Posts : 3115
   Posted 2/9/2010 5:03 PM (GMT -6)   
I am sorry, I am not sure about Medicare...but if you go to www.UOAA.org you can find some information on most of the suppliers. I do know that there are some that are really cheap, but ONLY if you DON'T use/have insurance. They keep their prices down by not using them!

I am sure someone, who uses it, will be along...hang in there!
New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
Forum Information
Currently it is Saturday, August 19, 2017 8:22 PM (GMT -6)
There are a total of 2,857,608 posts in 313,533 threads.
View Active Threads


Who's Online
This forum has 155139 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, JM1029.
394 Guest(s), 10 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
Kirky98, chrisp1, Mike2420, summer16, WalkingbyFaith, Nervousnelly, FLBeachgal, tune, Labradorite, (Seashell)


Follow HealingWell.com on Facebook  Follow HealingWell.com on Twitter  Follow HealingWell.com on Pinterest
Advertisement
Advertisement

©1996-2017 HealingWell.com LLC  All rights reserved.

Advertise | Privacy Policy & Disclaimer