Thank you "Annette and Skinsfan1229
" both for your replies. Unfortunately on 08/30/06, I had an emergency Flex Sigmoidoscopy in which I was experiencing a great deal of abdominal pain specifically in the area where I had laposcopic surgery and ended up with an ileostomy almost a year ago (09/19/05), constant sick to my stomach, vomiting, low grade fevers, and worst of all no bowel movements. During my procedure, I asked my surgeon, if what I was drinking could be the problem, which was Propel Water with Calcium due to the artificial sweeteners and he said no. It turned out that it was the flap where he reversed my ileostomy on 12/20/05 and some scar tissue build up. If I drink carbonated beverages, anything with acid I experience painful bms. I use Sweet n' Low in my decaf tea and soy milk which doesn't bother me. I am still lactose intolerant since my surgeries. My system does not tolerate too much foods. I am not a strict vegian, I eat broiled and baked fish, turkey breast deli, egg whites, baked chips. No salads, no veggies, no fruits, no sauces, no cheese, no peanut butter, no dairy. I hope all this will change in time. But one does get sick of eating the same foods day in and day out. I even started eating baby food sweet potatoes, vegetables, bananas again just to get my vitamins, nutrients, etc. I was told it could take up to two years to feel better and I am waiting patiently. Hope both of you are doing better and eating well.