I think there is definitely a link. All I know is that since getting UC last year, I have more frequent occurences of GERD. I know when I eat better it is generally better. It seems logical that there is some link given they both are within the digestive system. I think because of UC and the system not working well, it can cause other manifestations/symptoms
- 29 y/o male living in the DC Metropolitan region
- UC diagnosed - April, 2006 - symptoms came on sudden
- GI could not determine type of UC as I was too inflamed during the colonoscopy
- Completed 3rd Prednisone taper on 4/13/07 - Tapered from early January through mid-April after being hospitalized from a bad flare with anemia & severe joint pain.
- Currently in remission
- 6 Colazal/day, 1 Multivitamin, Fish oil, Primal Defense Probiotics 2/day, Iron supplement when bleeding
- Use small dose (5-10mg) of prednisone occassionally to manage joint pain