I'm wondering the same thing as you are asking here.
I just had the Skin Prick Test done this past week (05/07/08).
When I went back in for my results for the test the doctor said I was Super Hypersensitive Person to just about everything on the test.
He wanted me to do several shots that would desensitize me over a period of shots to the allergens I'm allergic too. I backed off when he wanted to inject me with these allergens and wouldn't let him inject me with the stuff.
I had reactions from the Skin Prick Testing and was so sick I told him that I do not want injections of allergens I'm allergic too to be injected into my body for the fear of having a reaction to it.
His response to this was "it will not make you sick, over time it will desensitize your body to the allergen and you won't be allergic to it anymore."
To me this is Very hard to believe! Maybe someone will come along and help explain this better to us, because I personally do not see were a person would not get sick from injected allergens they are allergic to.
Post Edited (Ark) : 7/5/2008 12:23:12 AM (GMT-6)