DIY Sublingual Immunotherapy

New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

dogbark
New Member


Date Joined Jun 2010
Total Posts : 2
   Posted 6/3/2010 9:10 AM (GMT -6)   
I'm pretty sure I'm going to be labeled a bit of a crackpot for asking this, but has anyone here ever considered collecting pollen and administering it to yourself sublingually?

I've managed to track down some recipes for drying pollen and storing it in glycerin to keep it 'alive.' I've got the glycerin, and, I've got a car covered in green pollen.

Insane? tongue

I mean, what I'm proposing is really not that different than eating local raw honey, which seems to have a bit of a following.

I think, for this year, it's too late, but I'm wondering if I can, with drying and storing in glycerin, I can keep pollen viable until next year.

Red_34
Forum Moderator


Date Joined Apr 2004
Total Posts : 23353
   Posted 6/3/2010 10:37 AM (GMT -6)   
I'm not really sure this would work. With sublingual therapy, a small portion gets in your blood stream but I would think the pollen would be too large to be absorbed properly. I know that some would get into your stomach and the acid would destroy it. Allergy shots are more effective because they're injections that go directly into the blood stream. It seems to me that you would have to have a high concetration of pollen in order for this work and even then, it might be iffy.
 @--->--SHERRY--<---@
Moderator for Allergies/Asthma, Co-moderator for UC and Alzheimer's
~Left sided Uc-'92-Colazal(6 daily),6mp(50-100mgs),Bentyl, Prilosec,Biotin,Forvia,Pro-Bio**Unable to tolerate ALL mesalamines**~Allergies-Singulair, Zyrtec~Secondary Reynauds Syndrome~Sacroiliitis~bulging and herniated discs C5/C6 & C6/C7~Epidural injections (2 series of 3), OA (hands and spine)-Tylonel Arthritis, Celebrex, Fibromyalgia (diagnosis pending)
To help Healingwell - click here: DONATE
 
 
 
 
 

 
 


couchtater
Elite Member


Date Joined Jul 2009
Total Posts : 14322
   Posted 6/3/2010 11:40 AM (GMT -6)   
Sounds too dangerous.

Joy

Always Sick
New Member


Date Joined Apr 2010
Total Posts : 6
   Posted 6/6/2010 8:39 AM (GMT -6)   
I have something known as Oral Allergy Syndrome. I never heard of it until one day I ate a raw apple, and my lips and tongue swelled up. I was suddenly allergic to a raw apple. WTH?

The reason? Because apples are part of a family of plants. I'm allergic to the pollen of that family of plants, so when I eat the apple, my body thinks I'm consuming pollen and has a histamine response.

You could trigger a food allergy response if you eat pollen. It's incredibly dangerous.

I would stick with raw local honey, personally, if it's already something you're consuming without getting ill.
New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
Forum Information
Currently it is Wednesday, September 28, 2016 12:06 PM (GMT -6)
There are a total of 2,695,426 posts in 297,560 threads.
View Active Threads


Who's Online
This forum has 152237 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Bookjunkie19.
349 Guest(s), 17 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
Krimpet 🍔, kenna, George_, Michelejc, 81GyGuy, Tone28, Scaredy Cat, Girlie, pmm73, Old Mike, quincy, franko63, Blu's Mama, artermix, Going for brachy, Tim Tam, julymorning


Follow HealingWell.com on Facebook  Follow HealingWell.com on Twitter  Follow HealingWell.com on Pinterest
Advertisement
Advertisement

©1996-2016 HealingWell.com LLC  All rights reserved.

Advertise | Privacy Policy & Disclaimer