In other words, there is always a risk, and you have to consider the risk/benefit ratio and decide if for you, it's worth it. It may not work for me, in which case after a fair trial I'll stop and just face the fact that I'll never be able to enjoy the out of doors. I'm hopeful, though, that it will work.
Is there a risk? Yes. But I want to be able to live a normal life...enjoy our screened porch, go hiking, visit with friends, take picnics. I'm ready to give it a try. It wasn't the first thing I've tried...17 years of allergy shots, a Nissen fundoplication (which, by the way worked great), antihistimines, staying indoors, being sick all summer and fall. I've had it, and I'm ready to try Xolair.
I appreciate yor very detailed and caring response. I hope you find relief in whatever method you find fits your needs. I truly appreciate your concern, and understand your feelings totally. This isn't the first time I have been considering the Xolair option. It was first offered before I had my surgery about 6 years ago. I researched it, shared the research with my PCP, and we both decided to wait until after my surgery and see how things went.
Thanks again, and
Very best wishes!
Post Edited (George2014) : 5/11/2014 2:21:15 PM (GMT-6)