They've come a long way with nitrile gloves--I actually liked them better than the latex, some are even claiming to be puncture proof. I have not been tested for allergy, however, I break into hives if I put latex gloves on. Then, I had an incident at the dentist several years back when having my teeth cleaned, my lips swelled up so bad my husband thought I'd been punched in the mouth. I do know one thing, some doctors and dentists are switching over to all nitrile because of the allergy problem. Of course, there is always chance we still come in contact--especially with syringes and latex around vials. By any chance, (and I don't know exactly what area of the health field you are employed in) if there could be a safety committee or group discussions on safety issues? Maybe it's time a list of some sort be compiled and updated as necessary, of all the latex items? I would think this could be very beneficial to all, even to the patients. Then look into any alternatives, such as nitrile or any other non-latex options. I don't know why so many are becoming allergic, but it really seems to be a growing problem. Perhaps you could address this issue in a non-alarming sort of way, offering suggestions and possible alternatives. Whatever you do, get hold of the needle, don't risk your life over something like this--be prepared!