Hello my name is Shannon,
Here are some facts i thought may interest you.
“Indoor air pollution is America's Number One Environmental Health Concern” – EPA
“50% of all illness is caused by indoor air pollution.” – EPA
“Indoor air pollution is wide spread. You are more likely to get sick from pollution in your home and office than from pollution in the air outside.” – The American Lung Association
* The average mattress has 2 million dust mites
* 25% of the weight of your pillow is dead and living dust mites
* You spend at least 1/3 of your life in bed
* Research states that 44 million homes in the U.S. (45% of all homes) have a very serious dust mite problem.
* At best, vacuuming removes only 5 - 10% of dust mite populations. You should dispose of all vacuum bags after use since dust mites can escape from the bag!
* Over 17 million people in the US suffer from asthma, a disease triggered by house dust mites
* Your body sheds millions of dead skin flakes and you perspire 75 ml of fluid while sleeping. A perfect diet for the hungry dust mite!
* Dust mites love the humidity, warmth, and safety of traditional mattress. Memory foam beds and latex foam beds like ours are highly dust mite resistant and provide the optimum mattress material for people with allergies!
Post Edited By Moderator (Red_34) : 8/4/2006 7:56:25 AM (GMT-6)