Im new to this sort of thing. I had decided over the last few days that I have problems when it comes to people. I am considering going to see the university councellor about this (the one I saw before about another problem two years ago) but my impatience and tearfulness this evening has made me find this site, even though I can go and book a councellor appointment tomorrow morning.
The problems are based around my university enviroment, in which I work in a student chiropractic clinic (85 students in total) and general social problems.
To sum up the problems,
1) I have no close friends in the area which I can go out to pubs and clubs with (despite numerous attemts to get some)
2) My clinic team, 20 people whom I share clinic duties with I do not get on with
3) I feel like a social reject when at the clinic when I am not included in peoples social activities
4) I have lost interest in some of what I used to enjoy doing as liesure activities like cycling, swimming
5) I generally get quickly bored with the company I do find and subsequently stop doing things with these people
6) I feel afraid to ask the people that I think I will get on better with if I can join in with thier social activities (due to concluding that they will think badly of me for asking)
7) I disregard people as possible friends because they are friends of my housemates as I would be interfering with my housemates freinds
8)I look at my self when in clinic and see the shy bullied child from back at primary and secondary school
9) I am able to stand up to people who are obviously taking advantage of my shyness.
But besides all this I have a handful of very good freinds, but none of them I can go out in the evening with because they either live miles away or are not into that sort of thing.
Thanks for reading.