I am a 48 year old male with a history of GAD, OCD, depression, Panic Disorder, Tourette's Syndrome, IBS, GERD, Gastritis, Cervical Arthritis (bone spur), Alergic Rhinitis and Chronic Sinusitis. I Don't drink or smoke (although I once did) and am currently taking Atenolol, Prevacid, Astelin nasal spray and Ativan (I've been tapering off of this for over a month now).
I have all of the symptoms you would expect from the disorders listed above but recently (within the past month or more - and especially within the past week) I have been experiencing lots of symptoms that I may or may not have experienced in the past (mainly in my head/brain) which include...
* A hazy, dream-like state most of the time.
* Feeling very spaced out and "drunk" even though I don't drink.
* "Pressure" feeling in my head as if it was very "crowded" in there.
* Feeling drugged, dazed and trance-like - like I could just sit there and stare at the wall for hours like a zombie.
* Almost feels like I'm not getting enough oxygen to my brain sometimes.
* "Retarded" feeling - like my IQ has been cut in half.
* Brain feels stunned, numb, paralyzed, anesthetized.
* Feel very drained, run-down and tired most of the time (except evenings sometimes).
* Often after eating I'll have a low-grade fever (99+).
* I'll sometimes break out in a rash on my stomach, chest, arms or palms.
* Sometimes it feels like I have zero emotions, drive, ambition and like I just "exist" like a robot...empty...hollow.
* Slightly off-balance at times when walking.
* Hot/cold flashes.
* Mild "sweats" with hot feeling all over in the evening even when there is no fever.
These symptoms are usually MUCH worse in the mornings and during the day and start within 30 minutes of waking up but most of the time, they start to disappear toward the very late afternoon and by late in the evening/night, I'm back to feeling halfway normal again.
I've had tons of tests, seen a Neurologist, an Opthomologist, tons of bloodwork, MRI's, etc. Everything always comes back normal. I've researched sleep apnea, adrenal fatigue (I've been under LOADS of stress lately!), types of allergies and their symptoms, etc. It's so debilitating (not to mention, frustrating). I've had to cancel several appointments because of this because I was simply to tired and out of it to go. Does anyone else here share the same symptoms?. What can you tell me please?.
Thanks so much for your help!
Post Edited (Sethp) : 4/20/2012 5:30:55 PM (GMT-6)