Hi all, some will know that I met a man from the internet and lived with him. His family had a problem with the age gap so we decided to part.
Last night (Friday) I was sat with my candles burning watching the TV and decided to go for a walk (I do this every night to recover from agoraphobia).
I was out for only a matter of minutes and I returned to see the house filled with smoke!
I went in the room and saw the fire, I stood for a couple of seconds in total shock, the fire was already out of control.
I grabbed what I could while I tried to phone for the fire brigade but for some reason my mobile ceased to work.
I knocked on a neighbours door and she rang them for me.
It took them 10 minutes or so to get to my house and by this time there were clouds of thick black smoke coming through the upstairs window.
I was panic strucken and didn't even think that a candle had been the cause.
When the fire was out a lady from the redcross came to get me accomadation (I ended up finding my own because a youth hostel was not suitable because of my condition)
She said that we could go in the house to see what damage had been done.
As soon as we got in I just broke down in tears, there was nothing left. The Tv had blown up, the carpet was totally burned, everything left in the house either fire, smoke and/or water damaged.
The worst thing about it all was I keep most of my photos of my boys upstairs and there was no way of getting them, memories that can never be replaced.
I am back in Devon staying with the man I met online and he has been great, very supportive and hasn't complained once when I break down and cry.
I would like you to keep me in your thoughts and any words of support would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for taking the time to read this xxxx