I completely understand what you mean.. I am 32 and have been dealing with this since i was 21. IT SUCKS. Now i have a son and am convinced that i will have a heart attack and not be here to raise him. And that another woman will be raising my child. IT IS THE WORST THING IN THE WORLD... No matter what i do to convince myself that i am fine it does not always work. It's hard but i just keep trying to hang in there and know that "THIS TOO WILL PASS" or so i am told...not sure when...i have been in a rough patch for going on two months now can't seem to get any relief medicated or not...NOT FUN AT ALL... well take care and i hope things get better for you...HUGS
a lot of it is probably basicly a bad habit, try to find a good doc and hand over all your health fears and worries to him, its really docs job to be concerned about your health and not yours, doc gets paid for this
some people with your problems find halp and comfort in religion
Post Edited (Howlyncat) : 2/9/2007 8:13:19 AM (GMT-7)
"The measure of a man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out." Thomas B. Macaulay
Yes, well it's soothing to hear that I'm not the only one but apparently it still doesn't convince me because here was my day yesterday.
- Woke up feeling like I couldn't breathe - sure to have a heart attack before 7am
- Funny twitchy feeling in leg by 7:30 a.m. - must be a blood clot that was going to travel up to my heart and cause pulmonary embolism.
- Odd pain in back of neck driving to work (8:00 a.m)that I was POSITIVE was the beginning of brain hemmorage since it was such a "different" kind of headache.
- Dizzy feeling walking into work - waiting to pass out.
- Difficulty seeing computer - sure that blurred vision must mean stroke coming on.
- Sharp pain in foot near a varicose vein - another blood clot.
- Tinnitus driving me crazy at 10am - must be blood pressure going sky high.
- Nausea after lunch - food poisoning??
- Shortness of breath walking up stairs at work around 2pm - clogged arteries - imminent heart attack??
- More shortness of breath driving home - what if I have heart attack on highway and cause an accident killing myself and l0 other people.
- Cooking dinner - feel numbness in left hand - STROKE!!
- Finally relax in front of TV - start to have mini panic attack so get up and walk around before it blows entirely out of proportion....afraid to take any meds that might make me worse so do nothing.
- Sit back down and feel another strange pain in a different part of my leg - blood clot must be travelling....dropping dead any minute now.
- Try to sleep but anxiety taking over every thought.
- Fall off to sleep and have crazy nightmares that leave me exhausted when I wake up in the morning.
And there it is - the day in the life of an anxiety ridden, depressed, hypochondriac. WHAT FUN!!!!
The way I look at it, if we're going to be nuts let's at least try to laugh at ourselves outwardly (we sure don't do it inwardly).
Post Edited By Moderator (stkitt) : 4/29/2008 7:56:57 AM (GMT-6)