The original version of this page can be found at :
Posted By : hazer - 3/30/2011 6:31 AM
im considering bring my daughter to canada for 3 months this summer.but when i was in america last i couldnt work her nebulizer as they run on different power. what should i do? has any1 had the same problem when travelling? the other thing is, in canada if she gets sick IS THE HEALTH CARE REALY FREE?????????

Posted By : Gemsi - 3/30/2011 7:45 AM
Wow, hey Hazer, you're back. Hope yourself and Gypsy are well.
I'm not sure about Canada, nebuliser wise my Ineb can use different types of plugs I think. I think it would depend on the nebuliser to how well it works in other countries, best thing to do would be to contact the nebuliser manufacturer to see what their recommendations are, also you can get travel adapters quite cheap, we had one for Spain last year and it worked fine. Not sure about health care wise, I think they do have a sort of NHS over there, which would possibly mean it's free for everyone who visits the country too, but I'm not sure. I would certainly look into specialist travel insurance that covers CF problems. It's usually quite a bit more expensive, but it's cheaper than medical bills.

Hope you enjoy your holiday and find a way round the problems, without it costing too much.
All the best
Gem x
Hey, I'm Gem with CF, age 25 and diagnosed at 2 years old. I'm from the UK and say weird things sometimes. I'm no expert but I've lived through a lot of CF stuff.
Diagnosed with: Cystic Fibrosis, Asthma, ABPA, Clinical Depression, Mild Liver Cirrohsis, Mild Osteopenia, Erythema Nodosum. Waiting for final diagnosis on Muscular Dystrophy type thing.

©1996-2017 LLC  All rights reserved.

Advertise | Privacy Policy & Disclaimer