One Doc says RA the other Doc say "I don't think so".

New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

New Member

Date Joined May 2009
Total Posts : 5
   Posted 5/17/2009 9:50 PM (GMT -7)   
What am I suppose to do about this situation.   Several years ago I was diagnosed with RA, but quickly after that the doc  moved his practice and I had to search for another.  I have asked my new doc if the pain in my feet, hands, back, neck, shoulder could be from RA and told him about my previous docs diagnosis but my doc just blew it off and said "I don't think that's it".   Huh, why would he order an Rh factor?
What am I suppose to do next.  I wanted to ask him about fibro but am afraid I'll be blown off again.  I just want a reason for all this pain so I will get a better understanding on how to treat it.  I can't even work a full time job  anymore.  I only work 4 hours a day and when I am done I can barely walk the rest of the day.
Any suggestions?

Regular Member

Date Joined Sep 2008
Total Posts : 285
   Posted 5/18/2009 7:29 AM (GMT -7)   
Did he do the RH factor test?.... Is there another rhuematologist close by that maybe you could get a second opinion or that can order the rh factor test for you? Don't give up , because your pain is real and there IS someone out there that will help you just have to find someone more compassionate than your current doctor.
Good Luck. ((gentle hugs))

Veteran Member

Date Joined Dec 2007
Total Posts : 2113
   Posted 5/18/2009 5:18 PM (GMT -7)   
Rh is a blood factor that is not what you want tested.
You want a Rhuematoid Factor (RF) test, as well as SED, CRP, ANA, and a whole bunch of other stuff. I would see a new rhuematologist.

New Member

Date Joined May 2009
Total Posts : 2
   Posted 5/19/2009 1:42 PM (GMT -7)   
i have been diagnosed with my gp with RA then went to see a specialist who as not took me serious. i do not know what to do. I used to work fulltime now after four hours work i can hardly walk.i do not know what to do next. as i am waiting for a doctor to visit me as i have put in for disability, but not likly to get that when specialist has not took me serious

Veteran Member

Date Joined Sep 2008
Total Posts : 1670
   Posted 5/19/2009 5:19 PM (GMT -7)   
Do you have pain and swelling? What does he think it is? Is the pain symmetrical? I'd get a referal to another specialist. You don't want to leave RA untreated especially if its so bad you can't work. There are so many new drugs to treat it now, humira has got me working again. Don't stop and accept one opinion, go get another. You need proper blood tests and probably x-rays. Go back and get a second opinion. Good luck, golitho
New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
Forum Information
Currently it is Sunday, November 19, 2017 5:36 PM (GMT -7)
There are a total of 2,895,510 posts in 317,803 threads.
View Active Threads

Who's Online
This forum has 157412 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Dodgegrl_02.
372 Guest(s), 10 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
Tagier, PDL17, Michael_T, Big Tasty, pjb1959, Poppie, Dodgegrl_02, Tim Tam, straydog, iPoop

About Us | Advertise | Donate
Newsletter | Privacy Policy & Disclaimer
Follow on Facebook Follow on Twitter Follow on Pinterest
©1996-2017 LLC  All Rights Reserved.