Posted 3/27/2006 4:47 PM (GMT -7)
A-hah! Persistance pays off! Thank the Lord. See, I was right...full of bologny them saying such long a wait for that MRI. Being that they saw what you have, I wonder why the doc didn't tell you to come pick up a RX for a stronger pain medication? You don't need an appointment to do that. They could just have it for you at the front desk.
Anywhoo, I am glad you got hold of them.
Ducky's right, your nurse there would know their temperement about "squeezing you in" earlier. But, you are in a lot of pain & that should take priority. An injection doesn't put a doctor back too much time.
Another option would be to go the conservative route. Rest it, use an arm sling, ice it often and take those nsaids and Darvocets. See if you can wait out the week.
A very inflammed shoulder cuff and bursitis...if you get a steroid injection too soon it can be very very painful. On the other hand...if he's a good shot it can bring quick reduction of pain and swelling. Go with what your gut says. I mean, how much worse can it get? You're suffering already with pain, if they get a cancellation sooner, why not....get it over with sooner.
So how does it feel tonite?
I wrote you about the steroid thingy we were talking about, it's on your other post.
Rest well, Take care
Active, Severe RA. Crohns Disease. Chiari Malformation & Right Brain venous anomoly. AS. Emphysema. Rheumatic Lung. MVP and Tricuspid prolapse. Had Lymes disease for 10 years.
Meds: Humira 40mg every 4 days; pred; Pentasa; Imuran; dilaudid; diazepam; Avinza 30mg; MiraLax & too many others.