I have an appointment with my orthopedic surgeon on Wednesday, the 19th of July. I injured (rather reinjured) my knee on May 28. We did x-rays, an MRI, we even waited until I had two addition Remicade infusions. I'm still in pain and hurt when I walk. So, Wednesday we have to make a decision on what to do. Since I'm a teacher, school will be starting soon and I Supartz injections at regular intervals. Supartz is replaceable joint fluid.I did this in my other knee to bide time until we could do that replacement. It is paintful as the needles are HUGE!!!!! Or, the doctor can operate on my knee and just clean it out. That is a quick fix or so it seems. My doctor has given me both options as rather equal choices. And yes next summer, I will be getting a knee replacement. I've already had 5 surgeries on this knee 3 scopes, 1 surgery to reconstruct it (called a high tibial osteotomy) and 1 surgery to remove the screws and plate. Has anyone had any of these done or are familiar with this type of situation. Do you have any opinion? I need some advice or thoughts from you. I believe it would help me make my decision. My husband says it's my body, my leg, I should decide if I want to do surgery or not. He supports me whatever I do. When I fell back in May, you all were so great to help me know what would be the best thing to do, well......I need you again. I need relief from the pain and something that will get me through until May.
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...................WHAT DO YOU THINK??????????????????????????
Thanks for your input!
Current DX: psoriatic arthritis/rheumatoid arthritis/spondylitis/fibromyalgia, CD, carpal tunnel, degenerative disc disorder, nerve damage, high blood pressure
Current meds: Remicade 400 mg. every 5-6 weeks, methotrexate, celebrex, lortab, folic acid,
flexeril, topamax, toprol XL, lortab 10-500
Previous meds: Enbrel, humira, bextra, vioxx