Well, I finally called the Infectious Disease doc my rheumy wanted me to see. She couldn't get me in until January. So, I called another one, who is actually closer to where I live. They said they will give me an appointment but not until they get my records from my primary, so I'm still kind of hanging, waiting to find out when I can get something done about this. They said it could take a couple of weeks to get my records, but then they gave me the impression that I could get an appointment relatively soon after that. I guess Infectious Disease docs require the medical records before seeing the patient because their job is kind of like looking for a needle in a haystack--every bit of info. is useful? In any case, they told me to start tracking my temp all day long and writing it down. I'm still waking up with temps of 100 degrees F or so; it goes a bit higher throughout the day, but rarely gets over 101?
My rheumy called 100 degrees F a low-grade fever. He told me not to do my enbrel injection this last Saturday, but that I can start them again this Saturday--presumably after the antibiotic he gave me has fully kicked in. The only problem is the antibiotic I've been taking since last Wednesday is not doing a thing. Still have the fever. Should I still go ahead with enbrel injection, or hold off? It could be a while before I hear from this ID doc, and I'm certainly tired of hurting (aren't we all?). But if I have an infection somewhere, couldn't that be a lot worse than hurting?
Current dx: Rheumatoid Arthritis
Suspected dx: UCTD/Early Lupus
Current Meds: Enbrel, Plaquenil, Aciphex, Ultracet, Zyrtec, Allavert-D, Zantac, Tylenol PM
Past Meds: Relafen, Vioxx, Mobic, Voltaren, Sulfasalazine, Entocort, Prednisone, Humira, Reglan