Wow Lindz, this is so Not O.K.!
I hate that this situation has happened to you and I agree first thing you need to do is get safe.
1. The Miles Foundation has established a toll-free Advocacy Helpline for victims of interpersonal violence associated with the military. The Advocacy Helpline is staffed by counselors, paralegals and advocates twenty-four hours a day, seven days per week.(1-877-570-0688)
2. I really do not care that he has poured out all the alcohol in the house. Domestic violence is a repeat offense. I have never seen it get better, especially in the face of depolyments. Although there might be some help thru therapy? IDK
3. Unfortunately family advocacy programs do not enjoy confidentiality like chaplains do, so at the very least contact a military chaplain (for they do have confidentiality), and have them make a note of it (even if you do not want to persue it legal at this point in time, I just want some record of this being made if it happens again in the future).
4. Spouse Abuse. Includes assault, battery, threat to injure or kill, other act of force or violence, or emotional maltreatment inflicted on a partner in a lawful marriage when one of the partners is a military member or is employed by the Department of Defense and is eligible for treatment in an MTF. A spouse under 18 years of age shall be treated in this category.
Based on the committee's recommendations, the commander decides what action to take regarding the abuser., The commander determines whether to order the individual into treatment, and/or to seek to impose disciplinary procedures under the Uniform Code of Military Justice. The commander may also seek to obtain the discharge of the service member from the military.
5.The National Domestic Violence Hotline can help; call 800-799-SAFE or visit npvh.org.
8. safety plan: http://www.domesticviolence.org/personalized-safety-plan/
10. You family really might want to consider family and individual therapy For All Members! This might be reguarded as a mutually abusive situation (as you have admitted pulling a knife on him), and with this most recent episode seems to be escalating (and frankly you are pregnant!).
11. please think reading this website: http://www.domesticviolence.org/
Is he crying over what he did to you, or the fact that it could end his career?
Forum Co-moderator - Crohn's Disease/Thyroid Disorders: All comments have the caveat contact your local health care provider.
I will find a way or make one. –Phillip Sidney 1554-1586
All that I am and all that I shall ever be, I owe to my Angel Mother.
The Bucket List- Have you found joy in your life? Has your life brought joy to others?
Make sure your suffering has meaning…
Post Edited (MMMNAVY) : 9/13/2010 2:22:01 PM (GMT-6)