Radiology report

New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

Veteran Member

Date Joined Jul 2006
Total Posts : 1123
   Posted 1/17/2007 8:44 PM (GMT -7)   
Annual mammogram was 12/21.  Went back for additional views and ultrasound 12/29.  Left town to visit family early January and received radiology report today... haven't planned to return home till end of February, but ...   
I have an appointment with my oncologist March 6th - Stage I rectal cancer resulting in permanent colostomy last year (no chemo/rad); all quarterly labs and CEAs good. 
Radiology report says "5.5 mm hypeochoic nodule" - also says "mammogram and ultrasound show a suspicious nodule at the 1 o'clock position of the left breast.  Histologic examination recommended." 
Sooooo... what's next?  I'll appreciate your comments.  I'd LIKE to continue my visit with the kids for another 6 weeks then reevaluate after I see my oncologist.  Maybe I should go home - or maybe I should see someone here for a biopsy??
:-)   Marf

Veteran Member

Date Joined Jul 2003
Total Posts : 2921
   Posted 1/18/2007 4:17 AM (GMT -7)   
It shouldn't matter where you go to get a biopsy done, but it should be done. Early detection and treatment is always best. When the radiology report says suspicious you need to take it seriously. Six weeks may not mean a whole lot time wise, but in six weeks there could be another reason to wait a little longer. I would feel better if I were in your shoes knowing what I was dealing with and getting it taken care of. In fact once I heard that word suspicious I was ready to deal with it immediately. That was ten years ago and I have had no further evidence of cancer. Since you have already dealt with cancer, I really wouldn't wait. Hope all goes well. Let us know. Hugs MK

Veteran Member

Date Joined Sep 2003
Total Posts : 1373
   Posted 1/18/2007 10:53 AM (GMT -7)   
When my doc found the cancer with a biopsy, I had the choice of waiting two weeks for surgery (until he came back from Japan and I came back from The Cape (previously planned) or finding another doc to take the mass out possibly sooner.  I chose to wait because of my confidence in the doc.  Two weeks was hard enough to wait with my uncle saying in my ear "when exactly does cancer metastacize?????"
I couldn't imagine waiting six.  I agree with MK, a biopsy can be done there (this is assuming that histology is a biopsy, that's probably what it is, though).  Sounds like a to-be-sure biopsy is a good idea.  Keep us posted.  and I'll be praying for you. 
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." -Confucius
Don't knock on Death's Door.  Ring the bell and run.  He hates that.


Veteran Member

Date Joined Jul 2006
Total Posts : 1123
   Posted 1/21/2007 7:14 AM (GMT -7)   

Thank you both for responding.  You've confirmed what I guess I already knew - this thing needs to be checked out asap. 

:-)  Martha

New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
Forum Information
Currently it is Wednesday, December 13, 2017 4:01 PM (GMT -7)
There are a total of 2,905,033 posts in 318,821 threads.
View Active Threads

Who's Online
This forum has 158188 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, DoubleChecking.
373 Guest(s), 4 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
gmoose2, LymeSick 🌟, Maverick6981, GiGi2 five