I am new to this forum and trying to find some answers to my condition....Hate going to the doctors as that hasn't helped at all.... mainly they either think I am "high anxiety" person, which is mild form of saying "crazy"... One doctor even told me that "what I need is a psychiatrist and she doesn't have time for me" (once I started crying and asking for help). Another one told me to go find another doctor as he can not find anything wrong with me - so talking about not being depressed? - who wouldn't be with conditions that I have: PLEASE HELP ME FIND OUT WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME :
I have been diagnosed with hypothyroidism for 7 years now and in spite of the treatment and my blood work showing "normal" I am feeling worse and worse every day. Current status:
- Extremely tired, not able to function;
- my thinking, concentration, memory, reflexes - chaos;
- my eyes, face muscles keep twitching... now occasionally, a year and a half ago the twitching lasted continuously for 4 months, from down to dusk;
- first my arms getting numb when sleeping or sitting still; now my legs too; not able to sit longer that an hour or lift anything;
- very slow metabolism - bowel movements once in 7-8 days, but loose and high in acid, causing my hemorrhoids to inflame;No urge to go at all, but sometimes would find my panties smudged - no control either;
- digestive problems and excessive burping even early in the morning as soon as I get up. Just air, no matter what I eat;
- cholesterol high - of course with all the toxins I am keeping in me;
- sleep disorder - not able to put more than 4 hours of sleep together, wake up every hour or two and feel like sleeping the whole day;
- body temperature low - I am cold all the time - had the heater by my feet all summer long;
- nails & hair brittle and lifeless;
- vision -used to be good, but lately, because tired - it's blurred;
- way too frequent bladder infections for 3-4 years now (would only get off antibiotics for a week or two and it starts all over again);
- not to mention the yeast infection after;
- menstrual problems - never mind the big blood cloths, but in the last two-three years in several occasions I would get my period all over again, just when it ends, so I end up with 2 cycles in a month; exhausts me even more;
- between the tiredness, bladder problems, hemorrhoids and yeast infection... don't really feel sexy at all;
- already have 3 surgeries on my right breast (when I was 14, at age 21 and just last year at 35) - last one was due to discharge from the nipple, due to "abnormality" as I was told, to remove the "bad" duct;
- I've had this scar on my left calf for years (even before diagnosed with hypothyroid) and after reading a lot now about Lyme make me believe that it was Lyme that causes all of the above problems - it's darker bronze skin colour now (used to be reddish 5-6 years ago) of about 2" long and 1" wide, with lighter, pale pink colour in the middle of 1/2". It's bumpy in the middle and smooth but flaky on the outside - just itchy from time to time, not always;March-April of this year, a dark bronze colour rash appeared on my back/lower neck area, cortisone and other 3-4 types of creams just made it worse. It would disappear and then reappear again;
There are probably more symptoms that are bothering me from time to time, like knee pain or hand-joists pain, headaches that I got used to and neck-pains that I keep stretching and exercising to relieve.... that are nothing in comparison to the fear of what else I should expect...
I used to be athletic and fit person, energetic and always on the go. I make sure I eat healthy and do believe that natural remedies and nutrition can cure any disease - I just haven't found what works for me... At one time I used Norwegian Kelp (Equate brand from Walmart) and that helped a lot (my numbness disappeared, my metabolism improved and my energy level was much better) - guess what: Equate decided to discontinue the production of this product and now I am trying all the Kelps that are out there... nothing helps the way that one did.... there must've been something more than just the Kelp in it - makes me wonder.
I should also mention that I used to live in Europe 6 years ago and now I am in Canada...
Thank you for your help. Any suggestions - welcome