I have the following lab abnormalities:
- Low IgG1 and low IgG3 (total IgG is "normal"
- Low C3 (with normal C2,C4,& CH50) of the "complement system/pathway"
- Low total IgM levels (Total IgA and IgG were normal)
- Low Vitamin D level
SYMPTOMS (these are the main ones, but I have MANY):
- full-body dysesthesias/nerve pain
- chronic recurring infections (ears, nose, throat, and lungs)...I know this is due to low IgG1, IgG3, IgM, C3, and vitamin D
- bone pain in hips...feel arthritic all over
- intolerance to heat/cold
- MSG, aspartame, gluten...etc gives me irrational rage and makes the nerve pain worse...could be autoantibodies against Glutamate Receptors (NMDA, AMPA, or kainate....or possibly a channelopathy)
- and MANY other symptoms
I figured most of this out on my own. MOST doctors are dumber than dirt and won't help me.
What I think is going on (based on what I currently know...but I will keep learning....won't give up):
I think what is going on could be one of the following, or some combination:
- some form of cancer
- autoimmunity (immune-complex disease), channelopathy, and/or Glutamate Receptor autoantibodies
This is an oversimplification, but I will explain more if you would like.
***This all started with me when I was 27 years old. I am currently 31 years old.
I received a ridiculous amount of vaccines at that time. I got the vaccines and worked in rural South Korea for a year. I was sick the whole time in South Korea. Therefore I don't know if it was the vaccines that caused the problem...or if I picked up an infection in South Korea. I also had smoked cigarettes for 8 years...that is why I thought cancer was a possibility because it can cause autoimmunity known as "paraneoplastic neurological disorders".
Here is a synopsis:
- cancer could be causing paraneoplastic disorder because I was a smoker
- I could have an infection(viral, bacterial, fungal...etc.) from South Korea...this would explain weak immunity..and some pathogens trigger autoimmunity........I HAVE SIMILAR GENETICS AS YOU...AUTOIMMUNITY RUNS IN MY FAMILY
We should compare notes. The doctors are going to let us suffer and/or die prematurely.
Keep your spirits up. I know how you feel.
- B. G.