Hi this may be my first post here, (I think I was here years ago with a different moniker), and I am so happy to post.. I wonder if any here have tried the Tietlebaum (sp) protocol as described in "From Fatigued to Fantastic"? I think it is a valuable adjuvant to any anti- viral treatment. It's too bad he has not updated the book, it's full of good information.
The post from Loopy Pig describing her illness trajectory and the value of anti-virals is so very valuable.
I wanted to add some of what I have learned.
1) In CFS mitochondria are severely damaged
2) Often, there are co-infections that can only be tested for at certain labs (Clongen, IGeneX among the best known) Often, Lyme (borelia) is present and Bartonella is a known cause of CFS. Others to test for are: Babessia, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, chlamydia(s) - there are several - mycoplasmas - ditto for several, mycoplasma FERMENTENS (usually only test the pneumonii variety) and more. Some of these bugs form symbiotic communities and produce fibrin (which thickens blood!) to hide from the immune system and wreck havoc on said system.
3) Glutathione is a great help, IV or injections can be gotten from a Functional Medicine doctor, Naturopath or other enlightened souls
4) Organic Whey protein ONLY from grass fed pasture raised cows (usually New Zealand) is a great aid in boosting the body's ability to produce glutathione
5) Adaptogenic herbs: Rhodiola, ...others slip my mind, look them up
6) American ginseng and eleuthero herbs are very supportive in energy production
All that said, I know all this bec. my 19 year old son has CFS, the provoking event being tick bites and who knows what all infections they put in his little body. We know for certain Borrelia (Lyme) and Bartonella. I had gotten him stable in 2013 with herbs, D-Ribose, NT Factor and ATP Fuel but he relapsed and now believes that he was never better and refuses to go to a specialist (if we could even find one we trusted...long story.)
It is very sad when someone you love remains ill and now he suffers profound depression too. He needs Concerta to get out of bed, and can even sleep through that.
Now my question: Anyone tried Low Dose Naltrexone? And, how the heck to read the EBV test results?
Hope some of this info can help some one of you here. All the best.
Post Edited (Twinkle) : 11/21/2017 6:14:39 PM (GMT-7)