Posted 1/9/2007 9:18 PM (GMT -6)
1. cfs varies patient to patient in severity but it is absolute recognizable difference in fatigue, health, stamina, etc. etc. prior to getting ill
2. for me its in waves, although i never feel as i did prior to getting CFS. some of it is not exeeding your limits (ie. physical and mental activities / stress)
3. its not contagious, although not much research has been done to my knowledge on this. but if it were the whole world would be confined to bed by now, so no. many people can link the onset of their CFS to a viral infection, all though this is not true of everyone. it is for me, after mono came CFS.
4. HIV and CFS; different kinds of immune dysfunctioning, different etiology, insurance accepts one and not the other (grr). it hasn't been proven that CFS is absolutely immune related, but i can tell you for a fact that it is. -end of story-
5. it only helps to visit a doctor for CFS if the doctor is knowledgable of CFS to the extent at which they can offer medical advice and support. usually this is limited to alternative medicines and homeopathic/natural health doctors. even in that catagory, your lucky if you find one who is able to and or willing to help you.
very frustrating. well, happy new year and take care