I've been having really bad stomach pain over the last couple of weeks. I've had a mysterious GI bleed off and on for a few years, and I think it's really acting up again. I was hospitalized last year for four days with it, and although they gave me a colonoscopy and an endoscopy, they couldn't locate the exact
location of the problem. Basically, they were looking at the plumbing from both ends, but because I've had a gastric bypass, so there's a chunk of territory that can't be seen. They put me on some pain meds and some GI Cocktail that helped the problem resolve itself. At that point, I was forbidden to use any NSAID pain relievers or toradol.
My stomach got better for a while, but my insurance refused to continue my Nexium prescription, until I took Prilosec OTC for a while and had to document that it failed to work. I went back on the Nexium, but my stomach has been getting consistantly more irritated over time. I started taking Protonix, but it didn't seem to help as well as the Nexium had. I got my Nexium refilled, so I've been taking both for about the last month. The pain has continued to increase to the point I can't take it anymore. I've got a couple of surgical procedures scheduled in a few weeks, so I need to resolve this stomach pain quickly. I called my PCP's office for an appointment, but he's not in the office today, so I'm going to see my Dad's doctor, who's in the same office.
Maybe I can just take that weird GI cocktail for a couple of weeks and avoid any major tests. I think at this point, they would probably need to do an MRI or CAT scan, since the pain is right in the area of my bypass. I'm afraid that something's really going bad in there, and I really don't want to be split wide open again. Just what I needed, more pain to deal with...NOT!!!
- On Disability for: Chronic Migraines, serious Back and Knee problems (will need surgery eventually), moderate Depression, Anxiety/Panic disorder, TMJ
- Divorced, 43, no children
- Surgeries: Gastric Bypass, Gallbladder Removed (followed by a week in the hospital for a Blood Clot), Impacted Kidney Stone Removed, Broken Ankle, Major Dental work(four molars pulled, multiple cavities, root canals)
- Current Meds: Prozac, Klonopin, Atenelol, Stadol Nasal Spray, Lortab, Trazadone, Buspar, Nexium, Tramadol, Phenergan, PROHIBITED FROM ALL NSAIDS
- Current Problem: Internal Bleeding, possible ulcer in location of Gastric Bypass
"The weather is here, I wish you were beautiful."
- Jimmy Buffett