Before you fill the second script
make sure that you clear that it is okay with the surgeon , otherwise you might find yourself with a whole new mess to deal with. If I were you, I would call the surgeons' office and explain to them what happened now, before you attempt to fill the script
and ask them what they would like you to do in regard to your pain meds now. Avoid a problem before it is created and then you have to try to clear it up.
Your friend who is a pharmacist might have different reporting criteria than Rite Aid. Around me, it is considered doctor shopping, whether it is 10 pills or 100...getting two script
s from two different doctors in the same time frame and trying to fill them will get you red flagged at all of the pharmacies around . It will also result in phone calls to both doctors telling them that the person tried to fill or did fill however many script
If you signed a contract with your surgeon, then you really need to call them and tell them what happened today, instead of waiting. In fact, I would tell them both what happened instead of waiting for them to ask.
Good luck to you,
PLIF/TLIF Fusion w/Instrumentation L4-5 Spondololysthesis L4-5.Laminectomies L4-5, foraminal stenosis L3-4, L4-5, L5-S1, herniations L3-4, L4-5, L5-S1, central canal stenosis L3-4, L4-5 and L5-S1
POST OP CES 3/30-06
Neurogenic Bladder and Bowel, bilateral numbness legs and feet
Revision for failed Back surgery, pseudoarthrosis L4-5, hemilaminectomies L3-4, L4-5, L5-S1, bmp added to revision fusion, replaced two bent screws that were reversing out of vertebrae - August 2, 2007
On going back pain and neuropathic pain, failed back surgery, consult for scs, decided not to do that at this point.
Adhesive Arachnoiditis also......just what I didn't need..9/08- adding bilateral ulnar neuropathy with severe compression to the mix. They want me to see a surgeon for ulnar nerve surgery, but I'm not biting.
I've seen enough surgeons over the last few years.