Anyone else have these symptoms?

New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

New Member

Date Joined Jul 2009
Total Posts : 1
   Posted 7/14/2009 1:45 PM (GMT -6)   
Any ideas what is going on?

Entire body shaking, muscles twitching randomly, pain firing from random different areas, switching from calm to wailing(Loud crying) and then back to calm and can't control it, My neck keeps clicking and grinding bone sound. If I touch my back against something I can trigger spasm just from putting pressure on it.

New Member

Date Joined Jul 2009
Total Posts : 7
   Posted 7/14/2009 7:39 PM (GMT -6)   
make an appt with a neurologist

Veteran Member

Date Joined Apr 2009
Total Posts : 536
   Posted 7/14/2009 8:36 PM (GMT -6)   
Greg, First of all I would like to welcome you to this forum. I am sorry you have a reason to be here. I do think you will like it here. Everyone is really unlike any group of people you have ever met before. If you are looking for understanding, hope, support, caring, compassionate, friendship and not being judged, then you have come to the right place. It won't be any time at all, and you'll feel just like a member of a family. Many of us here feel this way, like we are all a family here.

You seem to be having some pretty intense symptoms and pain. Has this just started? How long has it been going on? Have you consulted your doctor? Are you under the care of pain management? Sorry for all the questions, I am just trying to get a better understanding on what is going on with you. I do hope that you do atleast contact your internal medicine doctor. I do think you will end up in neurology. We cannot make a diagnosis for you, we aren't doctors here. But I strongly encourage you to PLEASE call your doctor in the morning and make an appt. ASAP. This sounds like it needs to be addressed now. I do not know what it could possibly be. Sorry I can't be of more help. Please let us know what happens. And feel free to post as often as you want to.

Forum Moderator

Date Joined Jan 2005
Total Posts : 9289
   Posted 7/15/2009 12:38 AM (GMT -6)   
Hi Greg and welcome!!

I'm so sorry you are in this much pain. But as you will soon see, the folks here totally understand what you are talking about. I agree...first thing is get yourself to a doctor. I would start with your primary doc and ask him for a referral to whomever he feels would be the best specialist to see. It's possible he can diagnose what's going on. I had somewhat similar symptoms of pain and overly sensitive body and for me it turned out to be fibromyalgia. If you want to read about it just go to the fibromyalgia forum using the Quick Jump pull-down above. I'm not saying you have it because there are so many possibilities. But the good news is you do NOT have to live this way. If your doc won't get you some good treatment or help then you may have to find a new doc but most will try to find out what is causing the pain.

Please keep us posted!
Co-Moderator Fibromyalgia & Chronic Pain Forums ~~~
Fibromyalgia, Ulcerative Colitis, Insulin dependent diabetic, PTSD, dermatitis herpetiformus, osteoarthritis, collapsed disk, and a few other side dishes.


If you ask what is the single most important key to longevity, I would have to say it is avoiding worry, stress and tension. And if you didn't ask me, I'd still have to say it.
George Burns

Veteran Member

Date Joined Mar 2009
Total Posts : 1158
   Posted 7/17/2009 9:28 AM (GMT -6)   
Welcome Greg.....

As with Chutz my husband has been dealing with similar pain and symptoms. He was just dx'd with fibro. But as everyone has stated you need to see the doctor on this one. It could be so many different things. To be safe get attention for this ASAP.

Kidney Diseases and Disorders
39 yr young female with,
Chronic Kidney Stones, PKD (Polycystic Kidney Disease), Chronic Kidney Failure, Severe Hypertension, Urological RSD

Also CHF (Congestive Heart Failure) and Sleep Apnea

Hopefully NO MORE........ I think I have it all

Veteran Member

Date Joined Aug 2006
Total Posts : 9664
   Posted 7/17/2009 9:38 AM (GMT -6)   
I agree with the others get into your PCP (Primary care Physician) and maybe he/she
could refer you out to either a pain management doctor or neurologist, but testing will
need to be done, such as mri's, x-rays and so on..
and some of us also see pain management psychologist that can help, as well...
Hope your feeling better soon and keep us posted as to how your doing!
lots and lots of soft HUGZ...
* Asthma, Allergies, Osteoarthritis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenative Disc, Fibromyalgia, Gerd,
Enlarged Pituitary Gland, Sjogren's and Ocular Migraines


New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
Forum Information
Currently it is Wednesday, September 26, 2018 12:26 AM (GMT -6)
There are a total of 3,006,705 posts in 329,381 threads.
View Active Threads

Who's Online
This forum has 161845 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, StanInCA.
154 Guest(s), 3 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
PeterDisAbelard., doors12, Saipan Paradise