Thank You all so much for your input. Today was rough, tonight is proving to be just as bad. To answer a few questions:
I was just really beside myself when I got the blood clot. I decided that I did not want to go back to the Lyme doctor and I thought I was cured of Lyme. (So I thought) After I stopped my IV rocephin I honestly did feel better for a short while. But then when the pain came back, I just chalked it up to having Fibro and accepted it. My Rheumy, well she I don't know I have had her for almost 2 years now. She tried a few different things for me, cymbalta, but that did nothing for me. Lyrica was very helpful for about
1 year, but then I started needing my dosage increased and then I started swelling up so I had to come off of that. She gave me a lower dose of percocets at first, and I still had pain and also the percocets keep me awake, so she tried Opana, I didn't get any relief from that, so she increased the percocets to 10/325. They were working okay and she allowed me 2 a day. But I was taking tramadol during the day and the percocet was break-thru meds but I started needing to take them more often. So around the start of Feb I noticed my pain seemed to be increasing more and more, finally I decided to call my rheumy and be honest with her and tell her what was going on. She seemed to have an attitude with me and said, I've tried all the routes with you that I can think of, I need you to see a pain management doctor at this point. I said ok, because at this point, I really did not have any faith left in her, I mean she always implied that I have the worst case of Fibro that she has had to deal with. But, the origional pain management doctor that she referred me to did not take my insurance, so I had to call my primary doctor who referred me to this other PM.
So I have since ran out of the percocets about
10 days ago. For the last month and a half this pain has started increasing in my feet and fingers and now my neck and shoulders. It feels very different that the fibro ache, this is more like throbbing pain.
I do think that she could work with me a little more, but I guess she doesn't want to deal with me. I've made an appointment for a new rheumy, but they can't see me until May, so I have to go to my current rheumy on Thursday. I hope she will run tests to see what is going on. At the very least, I hope she gives me a script
for the percocets because I am having trouble functioning at this point. I honestly don't think I have the worst case of Fibro, but I do think I have something else going on in addition.
I really had no idea how difficult it can be when you body is in so much pain to function, just trying to get myself together to seek a different route to figure out what doctors to see can be difficult. I'm also exhausted, just worn out.
I would like to thank you all individually, but right now, I just can't this is it for me tonight, maybe tomorrow or Sunday I can come back thank you all again so much for the support. It does help to know that others know where you are coming from.
Taking it one day at a time....