I finally got a copy of my test results and reports from my ortho today and they were pretty bland other than the one statement that said "I do not see any significant osseous integration with the bone." It also says that I had the fusion and that the kind of technique I had does not use an interbody cage and has a slightly lower chance of solid fusion accross the disc space. (The CT, x-rays and MRI's were all considered unremarkable as read by the hospital radiologist).
It further says that the hardware is Ok and that I am more comfortable proceeding forward. Then it goes on to say that the best solution woull be to just live with the pain going forward and, if ever I felt like it got to be more than I could handle, we could always do an anterior lumbar interbody fusion by taking out the interbody space, using the prior surgery and placeing a graft.
Lastly, he states he does not think this would be needed in the near term, nor that is is medical necessity if I can live with the pain. They will see me back on an as-needed-basis.
Does anybody know what this REALLY means for me? I'm kind of at a loss here. All tests look like I'm just whining about everything and that I'm fine, but this looks a little different. He clearly told me that this is where my pain is coming from.
I also need to know whether or not to send it on to SSD for them to consider when making their final ALJ decision.
Thanks again guys!
Post Edited (retiredmom) : 9/9/2010 6:51:51 PM (GMT-6)