It is easy, when looking from the outside in, to think you know what is going on in someone else's life. In all reality, you are only privy to one moment in time, with only one persons point of view. You don't know that persons full history. You don't know what they ate for breakfast or which shoe they put on first in the morning. You don't know the full medical history of the persons who's life you have decided to immerse yourself in. All you know are the small tid bits you have been told. Only the bits that stand out in that persons mind who is relaying events to you.
The moment you begin act out in someone else's life as if it were your own... well, that is a very large indication that it is time to look inward. It is time to assess and heal the reasons why you have developed such strong emotions towards ANYONE that makes you lash out and verbally attack others, let alone someone within your Support Group / Family / Co Workers / Social Friends.
When you think you must "Put someone in their place" ....in all reality the person you have unleashed your unwarranted anger on is someone who has far more impulse control and doesn't feel the need to share deeply personal aspects of their life with you, from that point forth. You probably have just missed a tremendous opportunity to know someone very special.
Golden Rule :
- One should treat others according to how one would like others to treat one's self
- Treat others as you would like to be treated
- One should not treat others in ways one would not like to be treated
- Do not treat others in ways you would not like to be treated
Healing Well Rule:
4. No posts that attack, insult, "flame", defame, or abuse members or non- members. Respect other members of the community and don’t belittle, make fun off, or insult another member or non-member. Decisions about health and well-being are highly personal, individual choices. "Flaming" and insults, however, will not be tolerated. Agree to disagree. This applies to both the forums and chat.
Now, lets all get back to square one where we belong.
Friendship, Knowledge, Support.
TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood And sorry I could not travel both And be one traveler, long I stood Chronic Pain ModeratorMail
Post Edited (Dani Henson) : 9/27/2010 3:15:17 PM (GMT-6)