...or not :(
I had a meeting with my PM doctor on Friday, partly to talk further about
my SCS revision and we decided to go ahead with it. He's referring me back to the doc who did my first stim implant, because of the different lead type that I've mentioned here before. I'm supposed to be an 'urgent' case - my CRPS is really unstable, and the lead that needs replacing appears to be causing problems in its own right because it's putting pressure on other things.
We spoke to the other doctor's secretary today and she wouldn't do anything - just told me that she couldn't give me an appointment any time sooner than August. She's not changed a bit - she's actually part of the reason I stopped seeing this bloke. She's a right b**** and always refused to pass on my messages. The crowning glory was when I rang him in the middle of a really bad flare only to be told that 'Dr. C.... is a very busy man and doesn't have time to return phone calls'...mainly because she never passed them on
I'm really hoping that my doctor or my tech can speak to him on my behalf and get something done sooner. I know that a lot of you are far worse off than I, but even a good day lately is a 6 or 7/10 pain and I'm exhausted. Waiting until August or later is going to kill me :(
CRPS since 1999, diagnosed in 2005 and since spread to full body, spasms, dystonia & contractures, gastroparesis, orthostatic hypotension.
On Oxycontin/Endone, Topamax, Mobic, Magnesium, Florinef, Somac, Cipramil. Have a spinal cord stimulator, intrathecal pump with baclofen & bupivacaine and doing physio.