Monty's Mom said...
What do I do? Do I try Lupron, a very scary drug, or have another surgery and chance being in horrible shape for the wedding I have been planning for 2 years? I am researching the drug, but am terrified by what I read. My doctor thinks that the Lupron is the best bet to get me through the wedding in the safest way.
Does anyone have any advice? Anyone? The surgery is daunting, yet the Lupron is just as daunting and may not work.
I am ready for a body transplant!
Sorry Mindy that you are faced with making this difficult descision. I had Lupron injections for a couple weeks before my uterine ablation 10 years ago and dont remember what the side effects were. Did your dr discuss what can be done about
the side effects if those should happen? Can the Lupron be done right now and opt for surgery before the wedding if it doesnt work? I am not sure when your wedding is, and how long it takes Lupron to show any results, sorry.
I opt for the body transplant, sign me up if you find a doc with experience! Sorry for joking, at this point I am facing 2 surgeries before I go back to work in September. Then hopefully my spinal cord stimlator during Christmas break. I just want to crawl under a rock at this point.
Put your full trust in whatever you, your fiance and doctor decide is the right road to go. We will all support you and pray for success!
DX: CRPS/RSD full body, Fibro, CP, DDD, DJD, OSA, Syringomyelia, Arachnoiditis, failed fusion. Fusions C5-6, L5-S1, hardware removal and removal of scar tissue. SCS trial successful awaiting placement.
MEDS:To many to mention, changes every week it seems.