New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

Seeking Knowledge
New Member

Date Joined Nov 2011
Total Posts : 1
   Posted 11/2/2011 8:45 PM (GMT -6)   
I gave birth to twins 3 years ago (via c-section)!  When I arrived at the hospital I was told that I had been in labor for around 24hrs maybe longer. I had NO idea! Months after my surgery I noticed an unbareable pain during intercourse. When I discussed this pain with my doctor, I was told that it the pain was due to scar tissue. Well, I had the scar tissue removed because the pain didn't subside like I was told it would. After waking up from my surgery, my dr. announced that my stomach was attached to my uterus and he would have freed them but he didn't know where one started and the other began. So, at that time my dr. suggest a particial hystorectomy (only removing my uterus via robot). The hystorectomy was performed Aug. 2011. A week after my surgery, a fistula (vaginal)  was found in my bladder by another doctor at another office because the initial doctor that did all my work refused to believe that I have one. So, my doctor had me to wear a cathiter for six weeks and the "NO CONTROLL" bladder of mine was a bit more controllable.
But to make a long story short, I am still having abdominal pain months after a surgery that I was told was going to rid me of this awful pain. (KEEP IN MIND THIS PAIN STARTED 3YEARS AGO AFTER GIVING BIRTH!) Just the thought of my husband wanting to be intimate is HORRIFYING! The pain was initially in my pelvic area but recently I noticed it just under my rib cage also. Sometime the pain last for day, sometimes hours or minutes. Sometimes the pain comes when I urinate. It's like a pulling pain. I also feel this pulling pain during intercourse sometimes. I would describe it to my husband as a suction cup or plunger pulling on my pain source.
My doctor tells me that it's all in my head but this pain could eventually ruin my marriage and I am sick of being told that the pain is nothing! I have experienced this pain for far too long. If anyone have any similar stories that have been diagnosed PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE share them with me so perhaps I could mention the diagnosis because one doctor may not have the knowledge that another doctor has. They don't know everything!

Forum Moderator

Date Joined Feb 2003
Total Posts : 16787
   Posted 11/2/2011 11:34 PM (GMT -6)   
Hi Seeking Knowledge and welcome to Healing Well's chronic pain forum. Wow, what a story you have to tell indeed and its so unfortunate after all of this time no one has been able to help you.

I do not have any of the issues you have spoken about, however, I would perhaps be thinking maybe along the lines of going to a teaching hospital to see what they can come up for a real working diagnosis. The teaching hospitals are always right on the cutting edge of new things that our regular drs are not privy to at the moment. If you will look here in CP101 there is a listing of teaching hospitals and perhaps there is one close to you if you decide this si something you may be interested in pursuing.

Again, I just wanted to pop on and say hello and welcome aboard. Take care.
Moderator Chronic Pain Forum

No Worries!
Regular Member

Date Joined Sep 2011
Total Posts : 225
   Posted 11/3/2011 12:30 AM (GMT -6)   
Hello Seeking Knowledge,

I am sorry I can't help you with a possible diagnosis. I just wanted to welcome you and let you know that you are among friends here that share your experience of being told the pain is in our heads or we are lying, exagerating, etc. Don't give up! Take Straydog's advice and keep checking back for hopefully other members advice and to let us know how you are doing.

Best wishes!

Say what you mean and do what you say. Integrity and Pride are never taken away... They are given away. Stay true to yourself and embrace Karma!

Regular Member

Date Joined Jul 2008
Total Posts : 329
   Posted 11/3/2011 9:21 AM (GMT -6)   

Get another opinion and keep going till you find someone who listens. It very well could be other adhesions formed after your hyster. In fact, it sounds like the pain I get from my adhesions on a daily basis.

Also, get a referral to a good pain doc.There are nerve blocks that can help with the adhesion pain.

Keep fighting and never let them tell you it is all in your head.

If you want to talk please feel free to email me, just look to the right of my name and click on the highlighted envelope
DX - Spinal stenosis - C4-T1. Bulging disks C3-T1
Severe pelvic adhesions from 4 surgeries *hysterectomy, removal of ovaries, ect...meds taken - Kadian 20mg and 5/325 percocet for breakthrough.

Seeking Knowledge
New Member

Date Joined Nov 2011
Total Posts : 1
   Posted 11/3/2011 5:53 PM (GMT -6)   
Thanks for the helpful advice. There is a hospital of that type a couple counties away but they require you to be referred by your doctor. The problems is my doctor keeps lying to me saying that he referred me already but it has been months and I have received nothing. NO PHONE CALLS. NO MAIL. Only bills from years ago when my doctor was being nice and saw me for free because I had no insurance at all! (Thanks a lot Doc. but not really since you waited all these years to bill me.)

Veteran Member

Date Joined Apr 2010
Total Posts : 2265
   Posted 11/3/2011 6:38 PM (GMT -6)   
Hi Seeking Knowledge. Welcome to our chronic pain forum. I don't have any of the problems that you have, but I do know chronic pain. I'm so sorry that you have the pain.

I would advise seeking out a pain management doctor. He or she could hopefully help your pain and get you a diagnosis as well. You could get your primary care doctor to refer you to one instead of any ob/gyn doctor that you might be seeing.

Please keep us updated on how you are. I wish you good luck.

Dx: osteoarthritis, bursitis in left hip, Osteoarthrits in right hip, compression fracture in thoracic spine due to falling on frozen ground March 2001 , ddd, spinal stenosis, bone spurs, osteoarthritis in spine, osteoarthritis in both knees
Meds: Fentanyl patch, oxycodone, otc: BenGay, Tylenol Arthritis on occasion

Forum Moderator

Date Joined Feb 2003
Total Posts : 16787
   Posted 11/3/2011 7:43 PM (GMT -6)   
Seeking I am assuming this is your primary care physician that is jacking you around about referrals. Fix that, find another one if possible, they work for you, you hire them, don't let this guy get way with this. Many times we are forced to drive a little distance to get good care but thats worth the drive. If you have to go out of county for a new onw then go for it, you have nothing to lose but possibly gain a good caring physician.

Good luck.
Moderator Chronic Pain Forum

Veteran Member

Date Joined Apr 2006
Total Posts : 932
   Posted 11/6/2011 5:19 PM (GMT -6)   
Just an idea but look up the illioinguanal (sp?) nerve. It can run from the abd. To pubic/groin area. I had to have an ablation after surgery.
New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
Forum Information
Currently it is Friday, September 21, 2018 10:07 PM (GMT -6)
There are a total of 3,005,614 posts in 329,243 threads.
View Active Threads

Who's Online
This forum has 161786 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Wildcat44444.
291 Guest(s), 5 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
Wildcat44444, Kristin93, Healing98, InTheShop, noodlesnoodles