Pre-emptive disclaimer: No reply expected. I just need to put this out there.
My new PT, who is Heaven-sent, is on vacation, so for "continuity" in the records/treatment/compliance department, I treated with PT#1 today.
I miss my PT so much, it aches.
So this guy, my original guy, we got into some conversation (since although I was the ONLY patient in the whole treatment room at the time, he still left me alone most of the time to just do my routine)...I wanted to bullet point a few highlights of our conversation:
- He would not go to a PT himself.
- Avoid surgery at all costs because as he's seen, they always lead to further complications.
- Exercise cures everything (Now, given my past, I agree it's one of the top contenders for overall health and fitness, no argument, but he is anti-surgery and doesn't like medical doctors).
- He made it a point to mention my (new) PT just graduated 6 months ago (I don't give a rat's donkey!)
- He DID comment on how "it seems things are coming together" as he's noticed, recently, I seem to be moving better and my ROM is better than when "we" started. (D'oh! This is what happens with the right PT).
- I asked him why he became a PT....the reply? "The money is good."
- There is never any reason someone needs to take narcotics except maybe right after surgery.
- There is NO distinction between being "dependent" on narcotic pain meds and "addicted" to them.
- Narcotics are the reason for CP patients being depressed, not the CP. (No room for overlap?)
He talks out of turn, doesn't listen, forgets,....aaaghhh.
I'm just so glad you guys buffered my courage up enough to ask him about swapping. I am SOOO happy, and I miss my guy so much!!
There, okay, I feel better now. I just feel blindsided by his responses today. I'm just,....it's like,....WOW!
I can't believe it.
Oh, and yeah, we cut my PT short because HE had a conference call to make. (So now that became MY problem, although I booked this appointment last week).
Okay, thank you for letting me get this off my chest. I just needed to vent.
My time for tears will be at my Victory...not at the start of the War. ~~Vickie