Thanks for all the support! I did end up canceling the surgery and set up another consult with my neurosurgeon. My plan, since I am in no immediate pain, is to ask the doc to order scans of my whole spine and come up with a more comprehensive plan to address what he sees happening. It also gives me time to prepare and plan financially for a longer recovery. I am blessed with a doctor that in very competent and has a staff that is amazing. Every single person I deal with is cheerful and bends over backwards to help, even if the patient is wishy washy about
pitmom: I know I went to my chiropractor against doctors orders, but at the time I had a nerve pinched and the daily burning and pain from my job was pretty excruciating. 3 days and 2 adjustments later and 99% of that stopped. I had been doing everything the doc had ordered to that point...PT, steroid injections, and ice packs all with no relief. Was at my wits end with trying to function at work through that pain and just wanted immediate relief. Only PM I had was no contract steroid injections on neurosurgeons orders.
straydog: CP101 and the ACDF after surgery posts are what really made me re-evaluate my after surgery recovery and solidified my gut feeling on postponing it until I am better prepared to recover properly.
Karen: I have another appointment with the doctor and wrote down a lot of questions that I have after reading a lot of peoples experiences here. I am off for 2 1/2 weeks over the holidays and I am going to spend it really focusing on correcting poor posture and doing all my PT exercises.