chronic pelvic pain and urgency

New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
[ << Previous Thread | Next Thread >> ]

New Member

Date Joined Sep 2017
Total Posts : 1
   Posted 9/25/2017 4:37 PM (GMT -7)   
Hi all,

So September of 2016 I started getting pain in my lower abdomen and frequent urination. I went to the DR and they where confused so they did an ultrasound and found I had a small right inguinal hernia This was November when they found this and I had the surgery done in December and I felt better for about a month and boom back again. During this time I have had no caffeine. So I get sent to the urologist and they end up scoping my bladder(that hurt) Did a urine test All was fine and that was it with that DR he said good luck.. So I went to another urologist and he seemed to think I had Bacterial prostatitis so he gave me levaquin and all seemed to go away I felt great again. Then I ran out and so about a month later it all came back. So for the last year now I have had good days and bad and all the DR's gave up on me so I changed clinics and the first DR I seen thinks its chronic pelvic pain. Oh and also during this time Im on flowmax. So now I'm taking flowmax, Cyclobenzapr 10mg and Amitriptylin and today I started back with the urgency and. This is ruining my life. Im at a braking point and I don't know what to do. I stat PT next month. I just want my life back I'm 32 and I know I can't live like this for the rest of my life I just can't.

Forum Moderator

Date Joined Feb 2003
Total Posts : 15541
   Posted 9/26/2017 7:12 AM (GMT -7)   
Hello & welcome to Healing Well. None of us are drs here, but my thinking is you have more than one issue going on. If you have a prostate infection they are difficult to treat. Sometimes they do not respond to antibiotics, but will eventually go away on their own. You may want to consider a 2nd round of antibiotics since you responded to the first round. I cannot remember if frequent urination is related to the prostate infection or not.

Pelvic pain is not uncommon in men. What you may want to consider is looking for a dr that specializes in pelvic floor dysfunction & get a consult. At least you can find out if this is a dx for you. There is treatment for this but it needs to be with someone that specializes in it. Get on the internet in your area & check this out.

I do hope that you can get some help with your issues. Take care.
Moderator in Chronic Pain & Psoriasis Forums
New Topic Post Reply Printable Version
Forum Information
Currently it is Monday, January 22, 2018 11:22 AM (GMT -7)
There are a total of 2,920,117 posts in 320,413 threads.
View Active Threads

Who's Online
This forum has 159456 registered members. Please welcome our newest member, Debbe.
557 Guest(s), 11 Registered Member(s) are currently online.  Details
notsosicklygirl, Kat1000, The Dude Abides, hogo2000, ntzguy, tonyaraven, WalkingbyFaith, InTheShop, mkl11, Tall Allen, Joe8417