Well, they did refer me to another rheumatologist, so I'll be getting another opinion pretty soon. I'm not sure how they're expecting a lower spine epidural to help anything other than possibly my legs, but they still seem to want me to get it.
The problem is, I now want the epidural for my neck. Even though they didn't see any evidence of stenosis in my neck as a result of the bulged disc, I want to try it anyway just in case they're somehow wrong. However, the group that administers these shots would need a more recent neck MRI to use, since my last one is from over a year ago, and getting a new one would require me to wait weeks to see one of their doctors again for a referral, plus around $600 for the scan itself. And even then, I'd have to schedule the actual injection for anything they find over a month in advance.
So basically, getting treatment for this potential neck problem would be expensive, time consuming, and not even guaranteed to work. Not so sure I should go down this path until I've had another doctor give their opinion.
Oh, and to answer your question, the second doctor (the one who would be administering the shot) seemed to think the lower spine epidural would help my legs, which is why I may still go through with it. The only thing making me hesitate is that it would make me have to put off taking my enbrel for two weeks.
Post Edited (Alex ArmPain) : 9/23/2018 10:44:59 AM (GMT-6)