I want to share this with you all and I hope it will help some of you with Valentine's day just around the corner.
As you all know, my 21 year old son has CD, he was dx July 2007. Chocolate was a big no no (got sick every single time even if he had a little bite of it) and to make sure he was not tempted we made sure that no chocolate came into our house in any shape or form. During the Holidays, we were invited to my sister's house and of course she had chocolate on the table, my son resisted for a while but then he gave in and started to eat some. He loved the chocolate and said the taste was really good. I was upset that he had chocolate after all the efforts we put in to make sure he would not give in and banned this treat that we all loved from our house. Make a long story short, the chocolate had no bad effect on him and he felt fine. I figured he was just lucky, he then asked my sister the brand of chocolate she had in her house that night and she answered that it was from the company where she works. Anyhow we found out that it was made in the nut free factory they have. This was a revelation for us and since that day, my son eats chocolate once or twice a week in moderate portion and no more problems, but if he eats chocolate and it states on the label that it may contain traces of nuts, he gets sick. I hope this will help some of you to enjoy Valentine's day!
P.S.: He is not allergic to nuts, he was tested and test came back negative.