ok, so if Tysabri doesn't start kicking the Crohn's out the door, I am going to try LDN before surgery. I have an appointment next Friday with my old doc and will see if he'd be willing to run with it. My current doc just says it's interesting and doesn't seem willing to work with me. So... with regard to Vicodin. I take 2 per day. I don't think I am addicted -- meaning I think I could just stop without withdrawal.
And, I am only on 2mg methylpred. I could stop that at any time. (and likely will next week.)
So, I guess 4 weeks from my last Tysabri infusion I could try the LDN? (Unless it works then I'd have another infusion, but... so far it's been not so great.)
--40 year old female, dx as UC in '04 (1st symptoms in '03), switched to Crohn's in '05, 1 fistula, crohn's colitis, limited to large intestine
--rejected (reaction/didn't work): Asacol, AZA, 6-MP, MTX, Remicade, Humira, prednisone
--stuck on methylprednisolone, tried Prochymal in Phase III study (can't wait til it's approved!)
--started Tysabri 3/21/08
--single mom to 10-year-old girl