For specific recipes, I might have a few... I just wing it... usually it's not low res when it's tasty... but here is one that I recall that should fit the low res mold.
This is also low fat as I have issues reabsorbing bile... this helps avoid restroom runs... as well I'm single so I cook for one...
Lemon Tarragon Salmon
- Get a fresh (or thawed) salmon fillet. Remove the skin (personal preference.)
- Heat a covered Nonstick skillet on your stove top until a droplet will fizzel and dance about
- Place enough water in the skillet to barely cover the surface without immediately turning to steam. Reduce heat if needed.
- Place the salmon fillet in the skillet, sprinkle to your tastes with dried or fresh tarragon and black pepper and cover the skillet.
- Keep an eye on the moisture level. You want enough water present to prevent the salmon from sticking. You can gauge this by either trying to move the fillet with a spatula or by jostling the skillet. Add more water as needed.
- Once the salmon fillet is ready to be flipped douse it with a bit of lemon juice. (I also add granulated garlic at this point)
- Flip the fillet, and sprinkle more black pepper and tarrogon on it. Refresh the water if needed.
- Once the fillet is fully cooked, add a little more lemon juice, salt to taste and serve/eat.
This goes nicely with white rice, mashed potatoes or anything that you would normally serve with Salmon.
Diagnoses? Crohn's in 1983; Kidney Stones in 1997; Reactive Airway Syndrome in 2002; Major Depression and GAD in 2003; Migraines in 2006; ADHD and IBS in 2007.
Current Meds? 6MP; Adderall; Wellbutrin; Zoloft; Albuterol (emergencies only); Fexofenadine; and Epidrin or Imitrex (depends on migraine severity...etc)
Overall: Things are So-So. In other words "It could be worse. It could be raining."