1. A recurrence of the disease (am in remission for the moment). This give me nightmares...somewhat literally. I don't want to go back!
2. If it was to reoccur, the chance it would worsen (incontience etc).
3. Needing a bag.
4. Having to follow a strict diet.
5. Having a recurrence after having a child.
6. Shortened life span.
7. Needing more meds.
8. This disease will rob me of the chance to have a child.
9. That because of my op (bowel resection) I may not be able to have my future child's birth the way I want (no C-section).
10. More ops!
11. Pain, Pain, and more pain. Been there, don't want to go back!
Now that has made me thoroughly depressed:
On the plus side:
1. It has given me greater appreciation of life: made me realise I have to live each day to the full, because I don't know when it will come back, and I won't be able to do so as fully as I can now. (hopefully not coming back for a very long time, if ever)
2. It's not an ultimate death sentence, as in next month, next year.
3. I won't let this disease make me feel unsexy: hell, I am always fabulous!