For me the decision was easy...two hospital stays in 4 weeks because of blockages and several blockages that i just toughed out and stayed home. In hindsight I feel I made the right cal because the blockages were coming at me so fast...almost weekly ....but if the partial blockages were only happening every couple of years....I would probably have waited.
I know my doctor wanted to wait even after the first hospital stay because he felt maybe we could treat it with meds.
My quality of life and ease of mind is better since the surgery...but I still get nervous if I feel a little backed up or bloated.
dx IBS 1999 UC 2000 CD 2001
Tested BIOGEN TYSABRI (gave me 2 years of remission)
tried Naltrexone Jan. 19, 2007 Stopped the Naltrexone July 28th...started Humira Aug 31st, 2007...current dose one shot every week. Also nightly dose of mesalamine.
Surgery Nov 4th, 2008 removed 30 inches of small bowel.
Crohns is currently active and has been since April of 2005
52 yrs old