Hi everyone, it's been a while since I've actively posted. I am worried now that my fistula is abcessing again. I had to remove the seton a year and a half ago for the Prochymal trial. It's stayed
open and drainging the whole time. (Of course I wish it would close, but only if it closes on the inside first!)
Lately I've been having more pain, low-grade temps (up to 100 but mostly 99.5-ish) and terrible night sweats all over again. It finally dawned on me that I was no longer draining...
I am starting Xifaxan today. I also started Cimzia 3 weeks ago. Hard to tell how responsive I've been to Cimzia considering all of the above, but I think "regular" symptoms are getting a little better.
My fear is how long do I have to hope the Cimzia and Xifaxan kick in before the fistula creates a new tract? It's so close to the vaginal opening I am terrified of an a-v issue. It's re-routed once before. I am wondering if I am better off to get in and get it lanced immediately or give the other meds a week to help.
Of course I will call my surgeon. I have an appt with my GI but it's 2 weeks from now.
--40 year old female, dx as UC in '04 (1st symptoms in '03), switched to Crohn's in '05, 1 fistula, crohn's colitis, limited to large intestine --rejected (reaction/didn't work): Asacol, AZA, 6-MP, MTX, Remicade, Humira, prednisone
--Prochymal in Phase III study (can't wait til it's approved!)
--started Tysabri 3/21/08 => STOPPED 10/3/08 - now 2 months into it & it was the right decision
--currently taking budesonide suppositories, 3mg at night. SLIPPING big time. Started Cimzia first dose 2/10/09. Dx Osteoporosis 10/08 started Forteo 1/27/09
--single mom to 11-yr-old girl